Digital Marketing Strategy
We conduct an analysis of a current situation for our client with regards to digital marketing
Digital Marketing Strategy Checklist
SWOT, PEST, 5 Forces, industry specifics, competitor analysis
USP and product benefits
Current target market
Current – where do we want to be? Metrics to measure.
Targeting, Positioning and Branding.
Define target market and customer personas.
Define Online Value Proposition.
Product – product development, market development, market penetration or diversification?
Price – feasibility of current price structure.
Promotion – define all Push, Pull and Profile strategies
Profile: PR / Creative – brand interaction
Media: display, programmatic (paid media)
Content Marketing (owned and earned media)
People – in-house / agency personnel
Process – standards
Physical Evidence – in case of digital products or services
Current situation questionnaire
- Who is buying your product or service?
- How, why and where are they buying what you’re selling?
- What value are you providing?
- How do you predict your industry will develop?
- How are you planning to market in the future?
Marketing activity analysis
- What marketing channels are you currently using?
- How much are you spending on marketing?
- What is your ROI from each of your marketing strategies?
- Do you think you are communicating your USPs effectively?
- Do you think you get much engagement with your audience?
- Are there any marketing activities that you’d like to test?
- What is working well for you?
- What isn’t working well?
- How does your product or service compare to that of your rivals?
- How do your customers perceive your brand in relation to your competitors?
- Are your competitors more successful than you? If so, why?
- What are the strengths of your rivals?
- What about weaknesses?
- Are there any specific gaps in the market you can exploit?
- How loyal is your target audience?
- What are your short-term business goals?
- What are your long-term business goals?
- Are your business goals achievable given the state of your market?
- Are they achievable given your positioning?
- Are the achievable given the level of your competition?
- Can your marketing hit more relevant targets (what are they)?